Thursday, August 31, 2006

shafted.

A current theme has arisen since we moved to Shenzhen: Gary always gets shafted. For example, when we moved into our apartments, all of Gary's appliances and cookware were dirty and used, his sheets were pink and frilly, his washing machine was filled with foul, bacteria-ridden water, and his toilet did not work. I, however, had brand new appliances, unassuming sage sheets, a clean washing machine, and a working toilet. His office chair and desk are broken, mine are perfect. We both found seats on the bus the other day; unfortunately, once he sat down, the chair in front of him fell into his lap.....he had to ride for forty minutes with a chair pressed into his knees....all the while I had extra leg room. And so the theme and my constant laughter continued.....until yesterday........


It started when I sliced my ankle on the edge of a brick. Later on that evening, I spent close to thirty minutes writing an entry for my blog.....which was magically erased. To top it all off, Gary and I decided to end the evening with an ice cream cone......mine tasted like corn-on-the-cob.

My days of feeling like Empress Cixi may be coming to an end......a new princess may be moving into the Forbidden City.......

At least my blog is better.

3 comments:

Judy and Crew said...

Poor Gary! I laughed so hard it made me cry!

Don't poke too much fun, Missy....what goes around comes around!

Anonymous said...

I laughed like crazy when I saw this too!! lol On a serious note, this is a good look for Gar.

Ty said...

K. This is not surprising. Leslie Ann has a way of situating herself for the better deals and nicer amenities in life. Too bad that she is not 100% fool proof because eventually all this will come to bite her in the ass!